Re: [Paparazzi-devel] px4 autopilot and paparazzi

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] px4 autopilot and paparazzi
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:30:34 +1100

WRT Option 2) The ArduPilot port to Nuttx is a "monolithic app", I
think it just uses the Px4 object request broker (ORB) like a hardware
abstraction. It's not (yet) a suite of discrete Nuttx apps
(controllers, mixers, etc) that use the ORB as a bus, in the way the
native PX4 autopilot does. Might the paparazzi ABI branch offer a
similar way to do the same thing? I.e. create some kind of a "ORB
client" hardware abstraction for paparazzi? If so, what's the roadmap
for ABI branch?

Chris Gough