Re: [Paparazzi-devel] CANbus driver

From: Karoly Molnar
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] CANbus driver
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:52:44 +0100

Miguel, what is your planned bus topology? With one ESC in a fixedwing configuration it is not a major issue. However you may know that passive star topology on CAN, which could be an apparent choice for a quadcopter, is not the best choice and very sensitive to proper termination. So in any case you have a better choice by connecting the nodes one after each other on the bus with proper termination on both end.

Just a hint to the setup: remove the LPCExpresso and keep only the LISAM and the monitor node on the network. Then try to transmit a frame with the monitoring tool. If the bus speed is correctly set up and the driver is initialized in LISAM then at least you shall not see error frames on the bus. While in case there is a bus speed mismatch or improper config then you would see lots of un-acknowledged frames (also visible by oscilloscope).

Regards
Karoly