Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS receiver GS407 from sparkfun info

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS receiver GS407 from sparkfun info
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:51:34 +0200

Take it back and ask for a refund as the description could not be more inaccurate.
From the comments i quote:

"I have directly contacted the manufacturer and have been told the chip is the UBX-G6010-ST standalone GNSS chip. It does not have one of the standard Ublox-6 Positioning modules (e.g. NEO-6 or AMY-6 etc..."

"I was unable to get either of two of these receivers to write to flash. It appears to be battery-backed-ram only"

You can understand that this is not a GS407 replacement but a completely different model.
Chris