Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS receiver GS407

From: Tobias
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS receiver GS407
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 13:55:45 +0100

Hi,

I have some experience with the old lea4 series and a small batterie connected
to it - this was awful since it led to situations standing on the field
everything ready to go and no GPS link :-( the power consumption was much
higher that expected. so you have to disassemble everything to connect an ftdi
ship to the autopilot because the default bautrate of the gps is 9600 and your
modem would probably be setup with a much higher rate -  you cant use the
tunnel combined with the modems if you have to change the baudrate in between
... never ending story...
having it programmed by the autopilot would be at least one issue less to take
care of. (I guess thats why we have this module?)
so from my side - PLEASE HELP!

if there is anything I can do/test to help let me know

Tobias

would it be of any help to share the configuration file?