Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem installing paparazzi on OS X

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem installing paparazzi on OS X
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 21:53:11 -0700

Hi Chris,

So, the installer postflight script (which I think is the last step in the install process...) does a few things, and the first thing is append "/opt/paparazzi/lib/ocaml/site-lib/stublibs" to that conf.ld file. This means it is getting to the postflight and should be *almost* fully installed.

After each install attempt do you delete ~/paparazzi? If so, did the installer create this folder?

If so, this means the postflight script seems to have gotten to this point, which is almost the last step, besides adjusting the ownership of the paparazzi folder tree. I don't know if this means the install won't work, or if just the installer thinks it failed for some reason.

A full uninstall of what the binary installed should include this:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Installation/MacOSX#Basic_Uninstall

(there is actually probably a couple other plists around, but I forget where they are at the moment)

Do you have MacPorts installed?

In any case, try the install again, and even if it fails, go to ~/paparazzi and try running:
$ make
Let me know how this goes. Otherwise from your home folder run:
$ ls -l ./paparazzi

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer