Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA Autopilot Power Problems

From: David Conger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA Autopilot Power Problems
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 19:05:12 +0000 (GMT)

Hello everyone,

@Mauro: Glad to hear. I have received your suggestions. I will work on them.

@World: YAPA2 SAR is an experiment. I'm selling them for virtually my cost. 60.00 (while supplies last). They are aimed at someone who just wants an assembly alone and can do the work I normally do. Since I simply box and ship them you save. All my prices are directly tied to how much effort and expense is involved to get them to you. I take no salary and donate my time so prices are as low as I can make them without losing money and no longer existing.

There is an even lower cost option. Purchase the PCBs only and assemble them yourself. It's a valid option many have done. YAPA2 SAR is simply a step up from that but not anything that is power up and you're ready to go.

Many may not realize it but YAPA2 is just a TWOG in another form factor. Tiny1.3 (yes you can still buy them), Tiny2.11, TWOG, YAPA2, UmarimLiteV2 (even NavGoV3)  are all essentially the same thing and run the same code. You are essentially simply choosing the size, if it has onboard GPS or not, number of connectors. If you are new to Paparazzi you are likely going to find Paparazzi gives you more power to decide. You do not need to only use what the other guy is using. All of them will work. It is best to shop here: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Autopilots

These are all working flying assemblies that you can choose from.

Looking to the future soon pre-packaged bundles for Quadrotor and Fixed wing will be available.

-David Conger