Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New IMU in YAPA

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New IMU in YAPA
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 16:11:23 +0100

Hi Mauro,

I have a long experience with the ADIS16405.

In my opinion for the control loops without taking into account a physical model of the plane. The performance is not so big compared with other imus such as MPU6000.

The estimators based on complementary filters or Kalman are far enough for a nice estimation of biases for the gyros. In fact the performance of the accelerometers is quite nice for small airplanes.

I can not speak for other applications. But for small fixed wings. I really have to say that I have not found any differences.