Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Another day at the flying field...

From: Gerard Toonstra
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Another day at the flying field...
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:51:01 -0300

This morning made another test in stabilized mode. The new gains and max. angle settings really help to make the flight feel more comfortable.
The only issue I still perceive is a thrust angle misalignment. When throttling up a lot more, the nose is pushed down quite a bit, which makes the elevator work
a lot harder and some up trim is necessary to achieve level flight. It also tends to bank right a little bit, but I think I can correct that by a very slight
angle of the motor to the right, because there's quite a bit of torque involved.

All radio glitches disappeared after increasing the boundaries of the radio a little bit (1920 -> 1940, 1080 -> 1060), so around 8 circuits were made in stabilized
flight without glitches. In the next test I will verify the new throttle/pitch behavior, the bank angle and probably attempt to flick into AUTO2 mode to see it
go into a STDBY circle.

Rgds,

Gerard