Re: [Paparazzi-devel] My new paparazzi to be toy

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] My new paparazzi to be toy
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 13:31:04 +0200

Hi.
I will fit a 10-16 db gain yagi for 2.4 and a 6db yagi for 900Mhz telemetry stacked right above the center of the wings and high enough in order to avoid multipathing.
I use the airborne antenna tracker module and a modified GWS 125 1T servo.
This servo is succeptible to 900 Mhz interference and it needs some heavy rf shielding and suppression filters. This week i will try to transplant a Hyperion servo's control board inside the servo to see if i can successfuly make it immune to interference as the Hyperion atlas servos (not the "X" types though)
are totally immune.

Dear Chris
I successfully flew gas planes for last...Many years:)
Take care with damping and you have nice toy. Unlimited TOW, unlimited (so,
almost unlimited ) fly time, unlimited span :)))
Congratulation!
If it possible, tell please more about YAGI on plane?

Vladimir