Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Artificial horizon bank orientation / throttle adj

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Artificial horizon bank orientation / throttle adjustment
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:25:43 -0600

Hello,

Yes, the PFD roll direction issue is a little unintuitive at first, but you have to imagine you are in the aircraft, not looking at the aircraft from the outside (i.e. roll your head to the right, and the horizon now looks to be from upper right to lower left).

For adjusting the cruise throttle, you can use the settings in the GCS notebook to do so (like with any other variable that has the setting available in the settings file). On the Notebook in the GCS, simply go to Settings->control->auto_throttle and adjust the slider for cruise throttle (ranges from 0.0 to 1.0 as a fraction of full throttle). Press the Commit checkmark to send the new value to the aircraft. The number to the left of the slider updates when the change is acknowledged by the aircraft. See the wiki for more details.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer