Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem compiling with a custom written subroutine

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem compiling with a custom written subroutine (zamboni survey)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:59:24 +1100

> Where I went into trouble. The commands I typed and the errors I received was:

> address@hidden:~/zamboni$ git push zamboni address@hidden:jornanke/zamboni.git
> error: src refspec address@hidden does not match any.
> error: failed to push some refs to 'https://github.com/jornanke/zamboni.git'

> address@hidden:~/zamboni$ git push address@hidden:jornanke/zamboni.git zamboni
> error: src refspec zamboni does not match any.
> error: failed to push some refs to 'address@hidden:jornanke/zamboni.git'

I'm only just muddling along with Git myself so there might be more than one way to do this. However, I think when pushing to a remote repo in git the <remote> is like an alias that has to be defined beforehand.

  git remote add foobar https://github.com/foo/bar.git   # only have to do this once
  git push foobar <somebranch_eg_master>

Chris Gough