Re: [Paparazzi-devel] alt_hold - lisa_m + bmp085

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] alt_hold - lisa_m + bmp085
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 07:27:33 +0100

Hi,
the Booz use the idea from the mikrokopter baro system.
It has a analogue filter and a high  resolution.
To use the analogue sensors from freescale in combination with analogue filter and a damping material
are the best on multicopters.
I frond with this solutions 24bit SD-ADC analogue filter and the freescale sensors is the best solution.
(like on the HB-Autopilot). I measure a resolution of 3-5cm. !
This kind of solution are also used from the  Oliver Meister  ( UNI Karlsruhe group) .
He uses the MPXHZ6115A and the AD7787 with an resolution of 0.01Pa (BMP085 1Pa)
The digital sensors have a good  accurateness to estimate the altitude 1Pa, but the resolution is relay bad  in comparison to other.

Cheers, Heinrich

Felix Ruess schrieb:
Hi Eduardo,

the booz board has a higher resolution analog baro (also requiring more components and a DAC to set the offset voltage).
So the altitude measurement on the booz boards is definitely a lot better than with the BMP085...
The MS5611 should be quite a bit better than the BMP085, but I don't know how it compares to the analog baro on booz.

Cheers, Felix