Re: [Paparazzi-devel] motor command error on hexa------work arround prog

From: Sergey Krukowski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] motor command error on hexa------work arround progress
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 09:14:34 +0100

Hi Eduardo!
If the problem is still actuall, try to checkout the latest actuators_mkk.c file from the master branch. I've added the i2c submission control, so the actual queue length could be leaved unchanged. I've also experienced problems with 8 mkk controllers, they a very sensitive to the bus speed. With the 400kHz there going to be the bus errors anyway. I've had problems with 8 mkk sometimes even with the bus speed about 60kHz. So try to let your bus speed down. But when you let your bus speed down, and it is not sufficient to control all the motors once per periodic time, the queue length increase is not going to help. So then you have to use the fixed actuators_mkk.c file. But anyway, I've experienced a crash with the stock MK autopilot because of i2c errors problem, so imho the solution with more than 6 mkk controllers is not reliable enough. I wouldn't recommend that.
Regards,
Sergey