Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Support for MediaTek MT3329

From: Martin Mueller
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Support for MediaTek MT3329
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 10:52:25 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Jake,

attaching GND, 5V as well as crossed TX and RX should do. The GPS type is set to
Mediatek in your airframe with

<subsystem name="gps" type="mediatek_diy"/>

The 1.6 version of the diydrones protocol is a little more useful than the 1.4.
Some data is missing in both protocols so that that data has to be calculated
from other values (e.g. climb rate). The receiver can only be used for fixed
wing because of missing data types. The reason why this GPS type is treated
"step-motherly" here is that the flight results are not compelling. Use a u-blox
based receiver if possible. Maybe the Mediatek should not be mentioned on the
Overview page?

Martin

Jake Tarren <address@hidden> hat am 3. April 2013 um 06:28 geschrieben: