Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Finding controls loop gains.

From: Gerard Toonstra
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Finding controls loop gains.
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 19:05:12 -0300

Hi guys,

Some improvements are actually needed on the wiki regarding this behavior for people who are in the process
of calibrating and testing their platforms.

Be careful about this stabilized mode. When your R/C link is interrupted for whatever reason, it will
switch to automatic mode instead:

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Failsafe#RC_link_failure_while_manual_or_AUTO1

Read that carefully and its implications.

PPRZ assumes a fully working AP and configures its failsafe behavior in the assumption it's all working.
When testing, you need to know about these implications.

I hope some core PPRZ guys can help me out in the following statements to confirm or deny them:

- When you're in AUTO1 mode and the R/C link fails, you're being put into locked AUTO2 mode, until you action the GCS (AUTO2 back to AUTO1).
- The radio however still allows you to switch to MANUAL to get manual control of the aircraft (through the 3-way switch).

Rgds,