Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Raspi GCS

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Raspi GCS
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 12:22:34 +0200

Hi Eduardo,

I haven't looked at CPU load... while it is not super fast, and resizing, etc. is slow, it's sort of usable without overclock...
You can also build the native (instead of the bytecode) version of the GCS and server, which should run a bit faster:
make ground_segment.opt
Then run sw/ground_segment/cockpit/gcs.opt instead of sw/ground_segment/cockpit/gcs

But IMHO running the GCS on the Pi doesn't make that much sense anyways... that was more to just see if it works properly.
Since you probably don't have a Display connected to the Pi, you need to ssh into it with X forwarding, and might as well just run the GCS on your laptop.
It's probably more interesting to just run link/server and maybe stuff like antenna tracker, ADSB on the Pi and then connect to the IVY bus on it via wifi/3g/internet from your laptop/home...

Cheers, Felix