Re: [Paparazzi-devel] digital video link anyone?

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] digital video link anyone?
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 19:14:41 +0300

You are correct about antennas and power but conditions have to be ideal each time which is not the case in my situation.
Even LOS operation is not certain as the usual range might exceed 200km.
I can adjust the output power to 5w or 25w depending on what i need but i haven't flown so far yet
as everything need to be perfect for the first long flight.
During my middle range testing i found that one day i have perfect video with 1w from 30km away and the next day i loose video after 17km all other parameters staying the same.

>>You could embedded data inside the analog video too, named closed caption encoder/decoder.
Hi and thank you very much for your reply.
You are right and i probably make something up but i was hoping to find something ready made. Well one of my adavantages is that i don't need a licence for anything and i can also issue a NOTAM whenever i need to ( i can't explain it further...) and my biggest problem is funding because the situation here is getting worse all the time.
To tell you the truth i barely have the desire to try anymore...
All i do is experimenting to gain knowledge, i don't produce anything for any use.
Somehow i couldn't find your message in the mail i got but i found it here:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/2013-05/msg00045.html
Chris