Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Vibration probelm can be solved by useing, the acc

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Vibration probelm can be solved by useing, the acceleration sensor R9500M from MEMSIC
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 09:32:33 +0200

Vibrations in the end are accelerations (actually they are sinusoidals).

An accelerometer measures de vibration (because it is a physical effect), no matter how bad or good the accelerometer is.

If your accelerometer has a nice bandwidth, you can filter the vibrations nicely, but this is post processing (i.e. software or mechanics such as dumpers).

If your accelerometer does not have enough bandwidth. You will have aliasing, and that means that your low frequency measurements are corrupted, i.e. the measurement of your gravity vector is corrupted.

So, I do not see clearly the advantage of using this accelerometer. They claim something that can be done with 'standard' MEMS.