Re: [Paparazzi-devel] hff filter in ins subsystem

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] hff filter in ins subsystem
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 09:50:37 +0200

Sorry, there is no hidden branch with a magical ins filter. This filter is a quick hack made some years ago, and it makes a lot of assumptions that are easily broken. It is probably giving you some benefit if you have a bad gps, low noise on gyro/accel and if you fly in near hover most of the time. If your noise on accelerometers is too high, maybe you should just try to fly without the filter (gps only): <subsystem name="ins"/>
Any better filters are welcome !

Gautier