Re: [Paparazzi-devel] problem compiling xml generated files and Mandriva

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] problem compiling xml generated files and Mandriva installation
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 22:43:28 +0200

Hi Alonso,

Patching the xml-light fixed the problem.

Good.

I am using Mandriva 2011 but had to install most packages from source. I wouldn't recommend doing it as it is quite complicated, however I would suggest a few changes to the documentation that might save someone a lot of time:

Here http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Installation/Manual , it should be mentioned the xml-light needs the patch.

As it is a wiki, it would be great if you could update it where needed.
Since most people were using debian based systems, this didn't come up until I tried to install it on a Raspberry Pi via OPAM.

Also, the Debian ivy packages do not seem to work with ocaml 4.0. Plus it would be good to mention wether it is better to use 4.0 or not.

OCaml binary package will only work with the OCaml version they were compiled with. And since there OCaml 3.12 is still the default it won't work.
You can use either OCaml 3.12 or 4.0, but for the Raspberry Pi I had to use 4.0 (since the ARMv6 architecture of it was not supported before 4.0).
It's also possible to install all OCaml stuff via OPAM, there is some information about this on http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Installation/RaspberryPi

I was unable to install ivy-python, simply could not find the instructions for any of the ivy packages and this one I could not guess how to install. This has not caused any problems but I haven't tried many things yet.

You should be able to install ivy-python from the source tarball:  http://www.eei.cena.fr/products/ivy/download/packages/ivy-python-2.2.tar.gz

Cheers, Felix