[Paparazzi-devel] magnetometer calibration

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] magnetometer calibration
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 23:22:06 +0300

Hi.
I just wanted to share with you all what i found during my experiments about the magnetometer
calibration.
As i couldn't calibrate or make the magnetometer work well enough no matter what i tried suddenly my eyes fell to the lipo battery and i had this great as it proved idea to use long twisted power supply wires instead of strapping the krooz board and subsequently the magnetometer itself to the lipo battery. Amazing as it sounds the lipo battery was the problem and it was destroying all my efforts to make the magnetometer work well, it simply affects the magnetometer too much when closer than 3-5cm
to it.
Later today (i wish i could find this video before) i found this video:
http://vimeo.com/29519728
Chris