Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ChibiOS port

From: Alexandre Bustico
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ChibiOS port
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:26:07 +0200

Le 24/07/2013 16:32, Hector Garcia de Marina a écrit :
Why do you want to use opencm3 and not the HAL provided by ChibiOS? (I guess it covers all the common micros in ppz, AT91SAM, STM32 and LPC)

In fact, it wasn't an easy choice, and it's perhaps not a definitive choice. The idea behind keeping opencm3 for now is that
we want to introduce as little change possible at the beginning.

planned development schedule :

* test that pprz code built with chibios build systems runs reliably.
* let pprz run in one big chibios task and test how it behaves.
* log data to sd within another task, with api which permit to log data from pprz task

after we meet this first milestone : having the possibility to log data at high rate during flight, pprz community will have to think if there is a need to distribute work to more task, choosing or designing a lightweight orb to have
an asynchronous system for binding to event, distributing data flow, etc etc

Alexandre