Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Apogee/v1.00

From: Sergey Krukowski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Apogee/v1.00
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:35:24 +0200

1. According STM32F4 datasheet:

Current consumption in Run mode (External clock, all peripherals enabled):

168MHz – 93mA (Ta=25°C) typical, 109mA (Ta=85°C) max.

2. According http://elm-chan.org/docs/mmc/mmc_e.html:

“The current consumption on write operation can reach up to some ten miliamperes, so that the host system should consider to supply 100 miliamperes to the card.”

And it is only SPI “slow speed” mode.

So it should be considered about 200mA constant current with a small chip linear regulator. Imho its pretty on the edge, especially when using in airframes.

I remember from TWOG boards, where is used a pretty large SOT223 chip LM3940 linear regulator, it was already pretty hot, and sometimes a TWOG controller even experienced resetting, while plugging an XBee module, which was on the same power line with a controller.  That is where my question came from.

Best Regards,

Sergey