Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Why the rotorcraft have a lower message frequency

From: QawsQAER
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Why the rotorcraft have a lower message frequency from ublox GPS module?
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 20:02:55 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for your explanation Mr.Wagter, that really helps!

in sw/airborne/modules/gps/gps_ubx_ucenter.c
  404   case 14:
  405     UbxSend_CFG_RATE(0x00FA, 0x0001, 0x0000);

If i'm not mistaken, this line of code set the main loop time to 0x00FA ms =
250ms.
I wonder if i can make the loop time shorter to have a higher
frequency(e.g,change 0x00FA to 0x00CA = 200) of NAV-SOL message so that the
position estimate is more accurate.?(BTW, I'm using ublox Lea-6h).

Also, by checking the document of ublox, I have another problem.
Lea-6H seems to have maximum navigation update rate as
2Hz(http://www.u-blox.com/images/downloads/Product_Docs/LEA-6_DataSheet_%28GPS.G6-HW-09004%29.pdf,
page 6, GPS performence), will it cause any contradiction to the main loop
set to 4hz?

I'm just a freshman to UAV, so I might be asking stupid question, thank you
for your patience anyway.  :)