Re: [Paparazzi-devel] adc injected vs regular channels

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] adc injected vs regular channels
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 14:35:59 -0600

Hey Chris,

While on the STM32 there are technically lots of pins (different channels) that can act as ADC inputs, there are only 1 or 2 or 3 actual ADC converters, so if you have 3 you can convert 3 channel SIMULTANEOUSLY, instead of each channel one after the other. This means you also have more data buffers to play with if not using the DMA, as well as different triggering methods for different channels. The ADC does take some time to sample, as you can see when setting the sample time in the configuration. There are also some fancy dual sampling modes and such.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer