Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help configuring HITL Simulation

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help configuring HITL Simulation
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 10:35:21 -0600

Hello Jorge,

As far as I know, no one has used HITL for a long time, and it is not kept up to date, and thus probably won't work. In addition, it was only designed to operate with IR attitude sensors. There has been discussion in the past about the limitations of HITL in the case of an autopilot, especially one with attitude estimation internal to the autopilot, as you need to either move a vast amount of data into the autopilot or properly simulate the IMU sensors in hardware (including noise, bias, etc).

However, in your case you might get a little bit more benefit since you use an external AHRS, and thus could more easily simulate the data coming in. This would still require some development time to bring HITL back to working order, and develop a way of simulating the CHIMU.

Perhaps someone else has some comments as well.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer