Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ins alt_float using barometer.

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ins alt_float using barometer.
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 16:03:28 +0200

Hi Eduardo,

you should use absolute pressure (preferrably in pascal) and not the altitude.

INS_BARO_SENS is the scale factor to convert pressure changes to changes in meters at your altitude.

I still haven't had time to write a proper generic baro interface (where you just pass the pressure and it does averaging, offset and conversion to meters according to the real atmospheric pressure formula).
If someone wants to start on this it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Felix