Re: [Paparazzi-devel] how to use 2 GPS simultaneously?

From: Reto Büttner
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] how to use 2 GPS simultaneously?
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 13:17:42 +0200

Thanks for the advice. This is really an annoying behaviour and a clear step back from infrared attitude estimation.

I would heavily prefer a software solution for graceful degradation as discussed in issue#358. I don't like an additional GPS as it adds complexity, failure modes, cost, weight and installation and service effort.

Any solutions on providing an AHRS algorithm robust to GPS loss are highly appreciated. For a limited timespan of 10, 20 or maybe even more seconds that should be quite easily possible.

Regards, Reto

2013/8/15 Martin Mueller <address@hidden>
Hi,

> The behaviour at GPS loss can be configured for graceful degradation, see:
>
> http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Failsafe#GPS_signal_lost
>
> As soon as GPS is back, normal behaviour should restore.

this was designed in the good old days of infrared attitude estimation. If the
attitude algorithm needs GPS it might fail after some time.

https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues/358

Martin