Re: [Paparazzi-devel] how to use 2 GPS simultaneously?

From: Refik Sever
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] how to use 2 GPS simultaneously?
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:56:05 +0000

Hello Heinrich,

Thank you for your email. I will buy this GPS and try to integrate it.

In the datasheet it is written that it tracks both GPS and GLONASS satellites.
But, it is also written:

"A very compact and complete GNSS receiver can be integrated on a low cost 2 or
4-layer PCB with a minimal number of external passive parts."

I get confused. Do I need to buy another PCB and solder it? Or does it already
track two system?

I will use this GPS, but I still want to use another GPS simultaneously in
order to switch in case of a chip failure.
If nobody has implemented it, we will try to do.

Best regards,
Refik