Re: [Paparazzi-devel] airspeed_ets calibration

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] airspeed_ets calibration
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:34:37 +0200

Hi,
can you fly with a special flight  plane at different speed  over ground  with wind  and again the wind  and the calculate the TAS with the true speed over ground from the GPS?
Martin was calculating the wind speed by flying circles with constant throttle and pitch.
I found a temperature dependence for the accelerometer of the MPU60x0 and the bmp085 to.
The MPU60x0 has a temperature sensor on the chip as the bmp085. The BMP085 is heating up for 3-5°C over the air temperature.
I found that the temperature from the autopilot pcb was vary strong  (about 20°C).
There are other pressure difference sensors   working inside by difference temperature flow. This sensors have no temperature  drift but are expensive about 80 Euros.
http://www.sensortechnics.com/cms/upload/appnotes/AN_LBA_E_11162.pdf
The interface is i2c.

 Regards
Heinrich

alonso acuña schrieb:

Hi. I have one of these sensors but my plane is not flying yet so I can't test at this time. I think you should try to discuss this with the manufacturer as it seems that if you had to calibrate for temperature they should have included a thermometer directly in the sensor. Otherwise it would be useless as sold. Perhaps there is another explanation.