Re: [Paparazzi-devel] how to configure cam footprint

From: alonso acuña
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] how to configure cam footprint
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 20:59:07 -0600

Hi. I ended up making some changes to the  live.ml to better fit my intended use. First the cam footprint worked as if mounted on a gymbal that can align with the target rotating only horizontally. The target in this case is the point at the ground where the footprint is drawn. But my camera is always aligned in the direction of flight. This matters mostly because my camera is not square but 4:3 so it is important to align the footprint correctly.  Then I adjusted the aperture which as mentioned is hard coded.  This is good enough for now. I hope I can continue with some more fixes:
- indicate the apperture and format as a parameters in the airframe file
- account for footprint distortion. When projected in some angles it should be a rhomboid and not a rectangle
- save the footprint covered at every shot or continually and show this as a shade on the ground on the GCS so one can see what parts have been pictured and come back to picture any missed spots
- change the cam module so that it does not shoot at innapropiate attitudes