[Paparazzi-devel] Parameter identification

From: Balazs GATI
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Parameter identification
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 12:54:55 +0200

Hi all,

we are using TWOG for 4 years, and now we would like to use it for identification of control and stability derivatives. My strategy would be the following:
- level flight in AUTO2
- when the flight seems steady, test engineer clicks on a button on the GCS
- then TWOG:
    - measures the trim position of the controls
    - opens loop (controls fixed in trim position)
    - adds predefined control inputs (i.e doublet) to trimm values
    - closes loop after predefined seconds

I would be pleased if you could confirm whether this procedure can be realized by editing the flight plan only. (I would like to avoid changing the source code.)

Regards,
  Balazs

--
Balazs GATI, PhD
     Department of Aeronautics, Naval Architecture and Railway Vehicles

Address:   Budapest
          Stoczek u 6. J. ép. 423
          1111
Tel:       +(36)-1-463-1960