Re: [Paparazzi-devel] problem with ground altitude

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] problem with ground altitude
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:47:40 +0200

Hi Alonso,

This behavior is completely normal. Your GPS has an static error. That depends on how is the signal (weather, solar activity, number of satellites, their position...) at the moment of the reception. Also it depends on the receiver itself.

The receiver uses to tell you how good is its estimation with the HDOP, VDOP and other information, check these acronyms in wikipedia for more information.

The same case is for the 2D position.

Cheers,