Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply #2 to"On Screen Display (Chris Gough)

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply #2 to"On Screen Display (Chris Gough)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 19:33:32 +1000

You don't need a module, just program it into your flight plan. Specifically,
create a block that terminates flight the way you want it to (kill motor,
deploy chute, inflate airbag, blink the fasten seatbelt sign, etc.) then create
an exception that deroutes to your block using the logic that makes sense for
your system and mission.

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Failsafe

It's easy to forget that paparazzi flight plans are complete programs that can
be made to do anything you like - very powerful. I think of the default
failsafe features as a 'fall back position', so the system does something safe
and sensible if my flight plan has a bug.

Chris Gough