Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Contributing to the Paparazzi project - Beginner q

From: Markus Bina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Contributing to the Paparazzi project - Beginner questions
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 16:24:16 +0200

Hi Felix.

> First of, thanks for putting energy into improving docs/wiki!
Thanks. I hope my changes prove to be useful.

Many thanks for your answers!

@Tuning-page update
It may take a month or two until I can update the tuning page since I've to figure out a few things myself first. Sorry.

Cheers, Markus

On 2013-09-26 15:24, Felix Ruess wrote:
Hi Markus,

There are still a few open questions from my side, I hope someone with reasonable experience can answer:

First of, thanks for putting energy into improving docs/wiki!

*) http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Failsafe
    The page also nicely shows the limits of the "source"-tag in wikitext: I found that the newer "syntaxhighlight"-tag is not supported
    by MediaWiki 1.15.5 installed on paparazzi.enac.fr.
    Are there plans to upgrade the server?

This depends on the sysadmin at ENAC, I'm still hoping that we will get an update...
Gautier, what is the status on this?

*) On http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Subsystem/ahrs it does not say that Kalman filtering is only available for rotorcrafts.
    Is it correct that Kalman filtering is only available for rotorcrafts?

Yes, currently only for rotorcrafts... it does not have some options yet which are needed for fixedwings, e.g. the compensation of centrifugal acceleration in turns.
Also it uses the mag to update all axes and not only heading and you can't use gps course as heading.
If someone wants to add this, it would be welcome :-)

    Info I could not find: Which AHRS-type is available for which type of aircraft? When to use which ahrs and why?

In general for fixedwings you need the centrifugal accel correction and relying only on mag can be problematic if it's not calibrated properly..
The current int_cmpl_quat filter is not tuned for the lower fixedwing update frequency, but pull request #371 should fix that. Stephen already had some good flights with that, but some more testing should probably be done before merging it).

Cheers, Felix