[Paparazzi-devel] interference problem

From: Refik Sever
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] interference problem
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:50:22 +0300

Dear all,

We are performing flight tests in front of a GSM base station. Yesterday, our autopilot (Lisa-M) stopped working just near the base station. It stopped sending telemetry, and I couldn't switch to auto1 and manuel modes. 2 months ago, we were using umarim_lite, and at the same position it also stopped working. At that time, we thought that GPS signal was lost and it went to failsafe.  But now, we think that autopilot stopped working due to interference from base station.

Did anyone encounter with interference problems? Or, did anyone test the EMI-EMC compatibility of Lisa-M in a laboratory? Do you suggest to shield the autopilot with metal foil?

We have an unreflecting test room in our department. I will try to test the autopilot for EMC.

Regards,

Refik