[Paparazzi-devel] NEO7 gps test

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] NEO7 gps test
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 10:59:54 +0300

Hi.
Just to let all know that i just tested this gps
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281140867506?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
and it works really really good.
It's sensitivity is excellent and it locks in a second where all the others i have need at least 30 seconds or don't lock at all in the same spot. I use the ubx center module because despite it's description IT DOES NOT HAVE AN EEPROM like the hobbykings still excellent NEO6 GPS, only a small battery or capacitor and it will loose it's settings after 15-30 minutes I also don't know how resistant it is with interference from video transmitters but it does have an active antenna with a SAW filter and it does not get affected when on top of the stm32f4 cpu of the discovery board i used for testing. Maybe someone might know if we can benefit from the 10Hz refresh rate NEO7 has and if ubx center needs to be updated to set the refresh rate also.