Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Fwd: Lisa/M bootloader.

From: Karoly Molnar
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Fwd: Lisa/M bootloader.
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 22:27:26 +0100

Hi Piotr,

Could you please help me to understand the startup procedure of luftboot. I see that the luftboot is checking multiple conditions to detect if the payload or the boot loader shall be started. Couldn'tit be reduced to a simple double condition as:
1. Start the payload if:
1.a Valid payload can be detected and
1.b No USB cable is detected
2. If 1.a or 1.b is not met, stay in luftboot

What was the rationale behind the more complicated solution? Is there a use case that I do not see?

Regards
Karoly