Re: [Paparazzi-devel] recommended remote / radio control for SUMO-like p

From: Sergey Krukowski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] recommended remote / radio control for SUMO-like ppz-system
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 08:26:05 +0100

Hi Andreas!
I'm using myself only mx-16 RC, for which I made a telemetry support module. RX-16 receivers can be programmed to output PPM signal on output 8, as well as all of the Graupner HOTT receivers. You can look at KroozSD autopilot connection diagram here:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/File:KroozSD_usage_HOTT.png
Thr HOTT telemetry module is now in a merging phase, but you can pull it already from here:
https://github.com/softsr/paparazzi/tree/hott_telemetry
It support electric and general air module s simulation for now.
Best Regards,
Sergey

I forgot to say that the spectrum receivers use a serial port for transfering the channel data
and not a PPM wavetrain.
Also you can use your existing mx16 radio and a normal receiver with a PPM encoder or hack your receiver in order to access the PPM signal.

Have alook in the wiki here:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/PPM_Encoder
(search google for "ppm encoder" and you will find a lot)

and here for hacking the receiver and more information:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/RC_Receivers_and_Radios

Chris