Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Simulating ardrone2?

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Simulating ardrone2?
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 23:21:57 +0100

Hi Ben,

we are still missing a JSBSim model for a quadrotor in X configuration (like the ARDrone2).
Opened an issue about this: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues/595

It was my fault that I accidentally added the "simple_quad" as NPS_JSBSIM_MODEL to the ardrone2_raw.xml file.
And since the actuator names don't match nothing happens.
(top_left doesn't exist in the simple_quad.xml, and rightly so since that is for a + configuration)

I removed the line in ardrone2_raw specifying the model, since it is wrong and can not work.
Now you will get an error starting the NPS sim (JSBSim failed to open the configuration file: foo/paparazzi/conf/simulator/jsbsim/aircraft/ardrone2_raw.xml).
But IMHO that is better than NPS just not working for no obvious reason.

In the end you need to either provide a correct JSBSim file with the name of the aircraft, or set one explicitly via NPS_JSBSIM_MODEL.

See also http://lists.paparazziuav.org/nps-simulator-for-X-quadrotor-td13883.html

So, if anyone already has a JSBSim model for a quad in X configuration (or has the time to make a working one) it would be great to finally add one.

Cheers, Felix