Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Quad Tilt Rotor using Lisa/M

From: Richardson, Mark E C1C USAF USAFA CW/CS13
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Quad Tilt Rotor using Lisa/M
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 23:52:51 -0700

Yes, we are essentially attempting to show a customer the capability of long(er) range flight out of something that can land and take off like a quadrotor. There are many many parts to this project, however; for example it has to be able to deploy from a folded configuration to a final configuration. A company provided an awesome inflatable wing that can be inflated with a CO2 cartridge. And we are currently working on the folding/tilting arms. I have spent a great deal of time trying to figure out the best motor/prop combo for this setup and it looks like we will go with the Avroto 3015 kv400’s from Monto RC as well as their 15”props.  The 12lbs is for total weight including a 5lb of payload that can be anything from an array of sensors to an extra battery pack…