Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Calibration Problem

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Calibration Problem
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:45:33 +0200

Hi Joey,
please follow the steps in this order:

1. if you see the name of you aircraft on the ground station the down connection is working 2. Change the messages to raw data on the ground station (after that the PFD is not working)
3. if you get now answer the up link is not working
4.  if you see measure values the up and down link is working.
5. Use a oscilloscope and look for pulses on the CS wire of the MPU6000. If you see no pulses the initialization fails.

In most cases a problem wiht the aircaft xml file  is the problem.
Therfore try same of the examples you can find.

Heinrich

Joey schrieb:

Hi,

I have been trying to calibrate the IMU on the Lisa/M but stumbled onto a
problem. I tried to calibrate the IMU with an usb-stick but found out that
this could only been done with XBee's. I read the wiki on how to configure
the XBee's and managed to let the two XBee's communicate with each other
through the XCTU program. So I continued to connect one XBee on the pc and
one on the lisa board and run the session in the paparazzi program. I then
get to see every detail on GCS as supposed to (the waypoints, status,
commands etc). However, when I move the Lisa and so the IMU I don't see any
changes in the PFD section and also no changes when I plot the messages in
the real time plotter. For ACCEL_RAW_IMU I keep seeing -1 for the three
values. The same thing occurs for the others. Does anyone know how to solve
this problem?

Thanks,

Joey