[Paparazzi-devel] multirotor mode for attitude control and current 3D po

From: alonso acuña
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] multirotor mode for attitude control and current 3D position hold
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:48:33 -0600

Hello. Multirotor newbie question: I am looking for a mode where one can control attitude (roll, pitch and yaw angles) but when controls are left at neutral the a/c will maintain its current 3D position.

In the wiki I see that AP_MODE_ATTITUDE_Z_HOLD only holds altitude.  Also it says it holds the position it had when entering the mode, not the current position.

I am told this is a standard and very commonly used mode with recent multirotors.

It seems one would be able to emulate this by moving the a/c with ATTITUDE_DIRECT and then change to HOVER_Z_HOLD to hold and then go back when movement is needed again. But my pilot says this is too much trouble and 2 positions on the mode switch are used for what could be essentially a single mode?