[Paparazzi-devel] Outside Boundary AND Telemetry Failsafe

From: paparazzi_guy
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Outside Boundary AND Telemetry Failsafe
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 19:50:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everybody,

We are currently in Manitoba and it is finally the night before our
competition. We realized that we need a little more flexibility with one of
our failsafes, but Paparazzi is not responding as it should.

What we want is for the plane to kill itself if it is outside the mission
boundary AND loses telemetry. However, when I write the code:

<exception cond="And(! InsideBoundary(GetPosX(), GetPosY()), datalink_time >
1)" deroute="kill"/>

What happened was that I created a boundary that was close to the plane and
then I walk across the boundary holding the plane. However, the plane always
goes to the kill block fairly quickly when I still have telemetry and walk
across the boundary, regardless of what value I set datalink_time to be
greater than.

I've used datalink_time and the And statement in previous exceptions and
they both work. But I commented them out for this test.

I am currently running v5.0.4_stable-4-g32bffa6-dirty.

If you guys can please give any suggestions that would help fix this problem
I would be very grateful! I have to get this fixed by tomorrow morning so
feel free to post any ideas at all.

Thanks,
Matthew