[Paparazzi-devel] Three-Axis Damping on Fixed-Wing (Apogee 1.00)

From: Luke Ionno
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Three-Axis Damping on Fixed-Wing (Apogee 1.00)
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 10:21:50 -0400

Hello,

I'm trying to implement pitch/roll/yaw damping on a fixed-wing airframe; for
this particular aircraft, I won't be using attitude stabilization or
navigation.  I've got a Apogee 1.00 board installed, with the MPU-9150
IMU/magnetometer chipset.  My original plan was to simply set it up as a
rotorcraft, and use the RATE_DIRECT mode, but from what I understand, there
is no Apogee IMU driver that supports the -9150, correct?  Since I have no
intention of using NAV on this aircraft, not having the magnetometer data
isn't an issue, in and of itself, but it does prevent me from using the
rotary-wing firmware.  Is there any way to achieve 3-axis damping using the
fixed-wing firmware?  If not, I can switch out the Apogee for a LISA/M, but
since I just finished crimping all the PicoBlade connectors onto my servos,
I'd prefer to stick with the Apogee if possible.

Thanks!

-Luke