[Paparazzi-devel] pitch set to 0 at stage init

From: alonso acuña
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] pitch set to 0 at stage init
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 19:45:42 -0600

Hi. I have been trying to fix what happens at the moment the exception is triggered in the takeoff block
<exception cond="GetPosAlt() > ground_alt+25" deroute="Standby"/>
<go from="HOME" throttle="1.0" vmode="throttle" wp="CLIMB" pitch="15"/>

after reaching the altitude the pitch is quickly set to 0, the a/c levels abruptly and then starts to climb to the Standby point.

I would like to avoid that leveling and have it move nicely from the takeoff pitch to the pitch required to go to Standby.

I found that nav.c nav_init_stage() has   nav_pitch = 0.; and given that previously v_ctl_climb_mode had been set to V_CTL_CLIMB_MODE_AUTO_THROTTLE  then the leveling is what would happen.
If pitch is reset to 0 maybe v_ctl_climb_mode should be reset to something else which will not level the a/c?

Regards

Alonso Acuña