Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Embargo to export autopilots from US?

From: Ben Laurie
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Embargo to export autopilots from US?
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 10:38:37 +0100

On 16 May 2014 22:17, Paolo Bernasconi <address@hidden> wrote:
> We have been flying paparazzi for quite some time .. you all know that  to
> get a flying model to go up high and close to a jetliner , one needs to work
> actively to make it fly into reserved airspace quite deep . It could be an
> accident .. someone with an autopilot board with failing return to home
> safety lost radio control of an FPV or paparazzi based model.  Regardless

Err, no - see my recent experience with an ardrone2 (short version:
sonar support made it think it was at ground level once above a
certain height, causing a sharp climb). Telemetry showed that it hit
about 800' above ground level before I told it to land. The RAF do
low-flying practice around here.