Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Flight Crashing in JSBSIM simulation

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Flight Crashing in JSBSIM simulation
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 17:07:42 +0200

Hi,

I just fixed the roll input sign for jsbsim in master. With that it should basically work again, if your JSBSim model is roughly matching your airframe.

Btw, if someone has a good JSBSim model for a small fixedwing airframe, it would be nice to add it.

Cheers, Felix

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 4:34 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ismael,

I am having similar problems with the current version of paparazzi. After trying to tune the pid loops and playing around with a lot of different options and configurations I gave up on this version of paparazzi.

I reverted to this commit https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/tree/d87202d2dafe4ed7805965ee7f6cae29a9b264c8
>From 2011 and once I got it co compile ( required some make file modifications) the micro jet jsbsim worked. It certainly needs tuning but the plane flies.

As the version of jsbsim I used didn't change, and I ported the old configuration to the new paparazzi software which also did not work,I suspect there is some broken functionality in the latest versions of the paparazzi code relating to the jsbsim interaction. I have not narrowed it down yet. Maybe I will have time in the future to look into it again.

Hope this helps you to get a jsbsim simulation up and running.

Regards,
Shaun.

Sent from my iPad