Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Copter tuning/setup cookbook step-by-step

From: SilaS
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Copter tuning/setup cookbook step-by-step
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 07:53:03 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, Sergey seem to really disappeared... so yesterday evening I heat up
myself and made the maiden flight with Tarot.

Before it I made the mag_throttle_current_calibration. Attached two old
batteries to legs for optimize the CG. It was know perfect in the middle of
the frame! And it simulates the later gimbal and camera weight.
Then i used this config:  tarot.xml
<http://lists.paparazziuav.org/file/n15523/tarot.xml>
Started with a simple grasshop in high grass. I got a simple jump to 40cm
and land. Only used throttle.
After it, I was sure that it held attitude without control on pitch and
roll, so started quicker. It reach 1m an steady. Roll works, Pitch works!
Anything in correct! No overdrive, no oscillation.
I land and check the heat of MKK i2c esc. It was till toucheable by hand. So
near 50c, some above a few grad. The outer temperature was 26C.
So I start again and keep it up 12 minutes and check the consumption. Moved,
pushed, kicked, test quick up and downs, no oscillation or vibration.
Everything was precise.
I deal to switch to HZ_HOLD. It was seemless, it holds the altitude, but the
roll and pitch works opposite direction as in manual - so it seems my radio
files have to modificate for correct direction.

I till have problems with hextronik's neo6 gps, which is a joke! Did not
acquire quick, broke backup battery and almost is a very weak product. So I
am waiting offers on this field? Which is the best for a copter?

My original thinks to build a perfect test environment to confirm
configuration, pids is correct goes! With feedback esc it seems to be
impossible. I You try to test it keeping the copter above your head is also
a bad idea and not working!
So If your copter on the ground with a small amount of throttle turn in
correct direction according your commands and all motor works the same
rotation, when PFD shows horizontal indication, then it will fly!
Anything else can be measure and test only in air - currently this is my
opinion.

SilaS