Re: [Paparazzi-devel] rotorcraft / throttle sensitivity / rate mode

From: Oswald Berthold
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] rotorcraft / throttle sensitivity / rate mode
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 00:46:06 +0200

hi felix,

thanks for the nudge.

turns out the multistars don't do calibration [1], so i swapped them for
some other ESCs, now throttle is fine.

spent some time playing with the attitude params. horizontal is fine but
yaw behaviour irritates me.
 - very weak response build-up to yaw stick and equally slow decay of
   yaw response (still yawing on when stick is back to zero).
 - thrust is diminished strongly during yaw
 - during disarm (full yaw, throttle neutral) motors spin up and frame
   tends to jump

i couldn't find any setting for PSI_[PID]GAIN where this would really go
away.

i'm on git master and using essentially
examples/quadrotor_lisa_m_2_pwm_spektrum.xml

bst, oswald

[1] they seem to have worked quite well with a multiwii type system (for
which the tx travel is adjusted to precisely 1000-2000us).